Crockpot Italian Tomato Soup with Pasta
This is such an easy soup to make, because you simply need to dump all the ingredients into a crockpot and let everything cook slowly for 8 hours or until everything is tender and the flavors are well combined. You can then add some pasta shapes and keep cooking the soup until those are tender too. Serve it with some freshly grated parmesan flakes if liked, for a wonderful lunch or supper.
We are using tomato juice as well as diced tomatoes in juice for a rich tomato flavor, as well as your choice of vegetable or chicken broth for a hearty flavor. Onion, mushrooms, carrots and celery offer plenty of nutrients, while basil, garlic and oregano enhance the flavor with their Italian flavors. This hearty soup is colorful and suitable for everyone in the family. If the kids enjoy potato soup, chicken soup and other appealing varieties, why not try this, because it is really tasty and goes beautifully with a grilled cheese sandwich.
You can use any kind of pasta shapes in here – whole wheat or white, and any shape. The pasta will take about 20 minutes to cook if you turn the heat up to high, but if you are pushed for time, you can add cooked pasta (or rice if you prefer) and warm it up for 5 minutes. If you are going to serve a sandwich on the side, then you might prefer to omit the pasta from the soup. Why not set this going in the morning before you go to work, and then you can come home to a perfectly cooked evening meal which is tasty and hearty? The kitchen will smell amazing as well. Feel free to adjust the vegetables, throwing in zucchini, broccoli or anything else you want.
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups uncooked pasta shapes
- 3 oz sliced cooked Italian sausage (optional)
- Freshly shredded parmesan, to serve
- Parsley sprigs, to serve
- Put the tomato juice, broth, and diced tomatoes with their juice in a large crockpot.
- Stir in the basil, onion, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, celery, oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in the pasta then cover and cook on high for 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- You can also add some sliced sausage at this point, if liked.
- Serve garnished with parmesan and parsley sprigs.
Are you looking for a rich, hearty soup ideas? If so, try this amazing Italian tomato soup which boasts plenty of healthy vegetables along with garlic, oregano and basil. It is served with freshly grated cheese on top, and this is sure to warm you up regardless of the weather outside. This colorful soup is garnished with parsley and perhaps served with bread on the side, although the pasta makes the bread unnecessary really, since it is a filling soup. Make this in the slow cooker so the flavors can intensify and mellow.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358106 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52604 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23571 Views)