Easy Cheesy Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
This delicious broccoli cheese soup recipe is so easy to make. It is also a healthy recipe because of the vitamins and nutrients in the vegetables. The cream is optional but it does make the soup nice and smooth. The wine is also optional and you can swap it for extra vegetable broth if you do not want to add it. If you want the soup to be really thick, you can increase the amount of corn flour.
The combination of milk, butter, and cream gives this soup a smooth texture and a luxurious taste and the garlic, Chardonnay, and cheddar cheese complement the flavor of the broccoli. You can use a different type of cheese if you like, but the sharpness of the cheddar is especially nice with the broccoli flavor.
This is one of the easiest vegetable soup recipes you can make and, if you have some broccoli to use up, this is a great recipe for it. Newcomers to the world of easy soup recipes will find this dish a breeze to make because you just have to cook everything in one pot; it could not be simpler. Remember to dissolve your corn flour in cold water because if you use hot water it will go lumpy and not dissolve.
- 1 chopped head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ very finely chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream (optional)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Chardonnay or similar white wine
- 1 ½ tablespoons corn flour
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 very finely chopped garlic clove
- Handful of grated cheddar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sauté the garlic in the butter for 2 minutes in a big pot, then add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, white wine and vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Add the milk and some salt and pepper to taste and simmer the soup for a few more minutes.
- Dissolve the corn flour in the water, then pour it into the soup and stir well.
- Add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes or until the soup is thick.
- Divide the broccoli soup between 4 serving bowls and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
This delicious broccoli cheese soup really melts in the mouth. It is flavored with garlic, white wine and more. If you do not want to use white wine in the soup itself, simply swap it for extra vegetable broth in the recipe. The end result will be very similar. Scatter as much cheese as you like over this wonderful soup. The more cheese you add, the more comforting this hot, rich soup is. Some people like to blend broccoli soup after adding all the ingredients, to make a pureed soup, but others like it chunky, as shown in the photo.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358924 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195563 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90953 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54669 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52607 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41072 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29449 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26483 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23575 Views)