Grilled Vegetable and Broccoli Soup Recipe
Perhaps you have enjoyed broccoli soup as a warming treat but this broccoli soup recipe is for a chilled broccoli and vegetable soup which makes a different but wonderful snack and is crammed with juicy grilled vegetable flavors.
This soup is made up nearly entirely of fresh vegetables with just a little oil and vinegar for flavoring, making it virtually fat free and calorie free. Some vegetable soup recipes contain a lot of cream but this one is healthy and light. The broccoli is the only ingredient left intact rather than going in the blender or food processor so it is visible in the soup and offers texture as well as color.
With some soup recipes you can use overripe vegetables or ones past their prime, and this usually applies when the soup is pureed and served hot or when there is plenty of spice or seasoning. This soup is different however. Comparable to gazpacho, the famous chilled Spanish soup, this one is delicious because of its fresh flavors, which means picking out good quality vegetables is a must.
The garlic and vinegar really bring this soup to life, complementing the vegetable flavors, and you will be able to taste these flavors in the finished soup. Serve this during the spring or summer when the weather is warm, as a refreshing lunch or appetizer which offers plenty of nutritional value. This is an unusual soup which you will love for its fresh flavors and chilled appeal.
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and in big florets
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into ½ inch slices
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup shredded basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a grill to medium heat and grill the bell pepper, skin side down to the heat, until the skin blackens. This will take between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Place it in a paper bag and set aside to cool.
- Brush the zucchini, onion, and broccoli with oil and grill until tender and browned. This will take about five minutes.
- Chop coarsely and sets aside, making sure the broccoli florets are small.
- Peel the bell pepper and puree it in a food processor with the zucchini, onion, tomatoes, oregano, and garlic until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl with a cup of water, the vinegar, basil, and broccoli.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover, and chill until cool.
A Picture of our Grilled Vegetable and Broccoli Soup Recipe – this soup uses the grill to give the vegetables and broccoli a distinct flavor and is then refrigerated and served chilled which is a wonderful change from most soups on a hot summers day.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (366220 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195580 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (91097 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54681 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52675 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41140 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40876 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29563 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26517 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23599 Views)