Nutmeg Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
This nutmeg carrot ginger soup makes a delicious appetizer or a light lunch. Carrots come out nice and juicy on the grill and the spices enhance their flavor. Sugar is a popular ingredient in carrot dishes, especially in French cuisine, because the sweetness draws out the natural sweet flavor of the carrot.
If you were to look at carrot ginger soup history, you will find this soup to be medicinal and eaten as a tonic. This is a nutritious soup and it tastes great too. There are many different grilled vegetables you can use in grilled vegetable soup recipes but using simply carrots, broth, and spices gives this soup a particularly pure and uncomplicated flavor.
This recipe does not call for many ingredients so choose good quality ingredients to get the best result. Choose perfectly ripe carrots, nothing past its best, and do not swap the butter for margarine if you want this to be a high quality soup. You will find the earthy flavors of the spices complement the carrot flavor so well, and grilling the carrots just brings out their optimum flavor, adding a special smoky taste to the soup.
Something many people love about carrot soup recipes is the color. That bright orange is really appealing and actually green and orange are two colors which have been proven to stimulate the appetite, another reason to make this flavorful recipe and garnish the soup with parsley before serving.
- 6 large carrots, peeled
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch each of ground coriander, ground ginger, and ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Sour cream to garnish
- French bread croutons to garnish
- Slice the carrots lengthwise into three or four strips and grill them over a medium hot grill until they are nearly tender but not charred.
- Cut them into smaller pieces then put them in a heavy pan with ½ cup of the broth and simmer until tender. Puree the carrots in a blender and return them to the pan.
- Add the sugar, spices, remaining broth and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Decorate each bowl of soup with a couple of French bread croutons, some fresh parsley and some dots of sour cream.
A Picture of our Nutmeg Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe – lightly spiced with ginger and nutmeg this carrot soup is a refreshing change from most soups you have tried. The grilled taste makes a nice addition to this soup also.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357830 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23569 Views)