Grilled Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
This is a good, simple recipe for cream of mushroom soup and the mushrooms are grilled before being added to the soup to make them extra juicy and give them a smoky flavor, which goes nicely with their earthiness. You might be familiar with marinated grilled vegetable recipe ideas or easy grilled vegetable recipes and, if so, you have probably grilled mushrooms before. If not, it is very easy and using skewers is the simplest way to grill them.
If you use two skewers instead of one, this stops the skewer from spinning on the grill. Shallots also complement the mushroom flavor. You can use green onions instead of the shallots if you want to. The cornstarch thickens this soup up. The cream makes it slightly thicker too but the cornstarch makes it extra thick and delicious. This is a really fresh flavored soup and it is much nicer than any canned mushroom soup you could buy. The same goes for most homemade soup recipes. It is always better to make your own.
The lemon juice adds a nice citrus flavor to the creamy mushroom soup recipe and the cream adds a luxurious texture. Lots of recipes with mushroom soup contain lemon juice because it goes well and this recipe does too. If you enjoy cream of mushroom soup recipes, you will love this soup, especially the fact that it is made with grilled mushrooms for maximum flavor. This is a rich and flavorful soup, which is perfect served in small portions as an appetizer or slightly bigger ones as a lunch.
- 1 lb white mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Minced parsley to garnish
- Wooden skewers
- Soak the skewers for 30 minutes and thread the mushrooms on to them.
- Grill the mushrooms over a medium heat until tender.
- Melt the butter in a 4 quart pan and lightly sauté the shallots on a medium heat.
- Put the grilled mushrooms with the lemon juice in a food processor and coarsely chop them.
- Add the mushrooms, lemon juice, bay leaf and thyme to the pan and sauté for another 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add cream, bouillon, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, add it to the soup, and simmer it for 10 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Add more lemon juice to taste and more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with some parsley sprinkled over the top and bread on the side.
You can see from the photo how deliciously creamy this mushroom soup looks and, like with many recipes for mushroom soup, this is a really tasty dish. Grilling the mushrooms makes them really succulent and brings out their natural juices. The lemon juice, bay leaf and other ingredients complements the mushroom flavor and this is one of the best grilled soup recipes of all, especially for fungi fans! This delicious homemade cream of mushroom soup is wonderful served with bread or just by itself and its amazing flavor appeals to everybody.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358566 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90948 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52606 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41065 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26481 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)