Spicy Soup with Grilled Vegetables
The vegetables used in this spicy soup recipe are grilled first, to soften them and release their flavors. Eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers all grill delightfully and they will take on a smoky flavor if you use a charcoal grill which complements the overall spicy flavor of the finished soup.
This recipe for outdoor grilled vegetables is suitable for everyone and if you prefer a little more or a little less spice, you can alter the amount of chili powder used in the recipe. The combination of fresh vegetables, spices, lemon juice, and garlic makes this soup a delicious lunch or a tasty appetizer. It is nice served with warm bread on the side.
Soup recipes vary with regard to their ingredients. Some will have just the veggies themselves and a couple of other ingredients whereas others might include more backup ingredients to add gentle accents to the overall flavor. This soup is somewhere in the middle and the ingredients are not going to battle for supremacy in this dish.
The turmeric, lemon juice, garlic, curry paste, chili and paprika all work together harmoniously to flatter the grilled vegetables and turn this from a plain vegetable soup into something which is spiced without being too piquant, and flavorful without having any clashing tastes. This is a fusion dish with Middle Eastern flavors, so if you are in the mood for something deliciously different you might like to try this recipe for yourself.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½ inch slices
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Lemon juice to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 2 leeks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the eggplant slices, zucchini slices and bell pepper halves in half of the garlic and 3 tablespoons of the oil. Grill on both sides over a medium grill and set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper halves into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil with the rest of the garlic and add the leeks.
- When they are lightly brown, add the broth and grilled vegetables.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then puree in a food processor.
- Season with lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and serve.
A Picture of our Spicy Soup with Grilled Vegetables – features loads of freshly grilled vegetables pureed into a spicy soup that is a great soup for a hot summer’s day. The authentic Middle Eastern flavors are evident in every spoonful of this lovely soup, from the lemon juice which offers a tangy zip to the paprika, curry paste and chili powder with their kick, and the aromatic garlic and turmeric offering earthy softness to the overall taste. The veggies are nutritious and colorful, and the photo shows you this is an attractive soup as well as a very tasty one.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358081 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52604 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23571 Views)