Alphabet Soup Recipe
Are you looking for a simple soup recipe that is easy to make and fun for your children? Try my Alphabet Soup Recipe today and your kids will be entertained and get a full tummy doing it! Watch my easy to follow recipe video that i have posted below for a step-by-step instruction video on how to make this delicious soup for your family today!
Alphabet Soup Approximately 85 years ago the machine in a noodle factory went haywire and started spitting out noodles in the shape of the letter C. When the plant manager was notified he initially thought the entire batch would have to be scratched, but then thought better of it. He decided to get the machine to make other letters as well.
So the machine was essentially revamped until it was making all our letters to the alphabet! The birth of alphabet pasta was born and took off like a blazing fire! Soon restaurant owners were buying this pasta and creating delicious soups and Alphabet soup was born. Customers raved about this wonderful soup and thought this was a great way to get their kids excited about spelling! Their children could spell their names, or their pet and family names while eating a good wholesome and nutritious soup!
What a great idea! The original Alphabet Soup recipe contained only the Alphabet pasta, broth, vegetables but many people have altered the recipe, and now there are countless variations to the Alphabet Soup recipe. I regardless whether the recipe calls for beef, chicken, pork or sausage as long as it has the Alphabet pasta it is still Alphabet Soup! You too can make this wonderful soup for your family’s lunch or dinner.
The ingredients are few but the results are many. Spicy vegetable soup cocktail, thawed mixed vegetables, uncooked Alphabet pasta, ground round, beef bouillon cubes, water, and salt and pepper to taste. These ingredients and the simple to follow directions below will render your family a delicious, wholesome, and hearty soup.
Some hot crusty French bread with either a butter garlic spread or some melted cheese would make this wonderful soup a meal on a cold winter day or night. This soup is full of vitamin and mineral rich vegetables, protein and soothing broth that will warm you from the inside out!
- 1 lb ground round
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) bottle spicy vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables-thawed
- 8 ounces uncooked alphabet pasta
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the meat in a large stock pot, and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain the meat, except for about 2 tablespoons of the juices.
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes in 3 cups of hot water, and add to the stock pot with the meat.
- Stir in spicy vegetable juice cocktail, mixed vegetables, alphabet pasta, and 6 cups of water.
- Simmer 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Alphabet soup is considered a great dish for kids because it makes the meal more fun, plus they can pick out letters and spell words – perhaps the only time they are encouraged to play with their food! Making your own alphabet soup rather than popping open a can makes sense because you will end up with a fresher, tastier result as well as a healthier one. Who wants all those chemicals and additives you find in canned alphabet soup? Your soup might look different to the soup in the photo depending what type of vegetable juice you use, and what kind of vegetables you choose to add.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358561 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90948 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52606 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41065 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26481 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)