Bowl of Ground Beef Vegetable Soup
This really is a quick soup to prepare it only has a few things that need to be done before it is all put in the crockpot and allowed to cook while you’re busy with other activities such as work or anything else that is going to keep you out of the kitchen all day.
It is a meal that will make everyone in the house happy as there really is a bit of everything in it. There is a selection of veggies, and meat to keep the guys happy and it can be dressed up with a bit of cheese or sour cream for a nice finishing touch. If you like things a bit spicier you could add a bit of chili powder to it and give the whole dish a southwestern flavor. It is supper easy as only really two things to do before everything gets put into he crockpot to do all the heavy lifting.
Not that many people take full advantage of the connivance the crockpot affords us all. It is a really great thing to make those busy weekdays so much more relaxing and it is not just limited to stews and soups you can do a whole range of different things in there and once you get your times down the possibilities really are endless. It is almost hard to do it wrong as it is very forgiving on the too long end with many recipes.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can sliced carrots, drained
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon mince garlic
- 3½ cups beef stock
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium high heat skillet brown the ground beef break into large pieces you want it course, place in a colander to drain the grease.
- Clean the skillet and then return to heat add a small amount of olive oil to sauté the onion and garlic together until translucent and garlic is slightly browned or toasted.
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and mix well set to low and cook for 8 hours until all ingredients are hot and well blended.
- Turn off slow cooker and transfer to individual bowls to serve.
- Add salt and pepper to individual taste
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some crusty bread. Also some fresh shredded cheese on top is nice.
Slow cooker soups are a great mother’s helper for those days when you don’t have a lot of time after work to cook but still want to feed your family something that isn’t out of a box. The slow cooker really is a huge help in the kitchen once you get use to making things in it you will love the fact that after work when you’re tired the cooking is done but yet you still have a home cooked meal to serve the family. We use ours all the time it makes those busy days and long nights so much nicer when you know you don’t have to worry about diner at the end of the day.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358566 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90948 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52606 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41065 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26481 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)