Ground Beef Soup with Red Bell Pepper
If you are looking for a novel way to use up your ground beef (or hamburger meat), then what about making this tasty crockpot soup recipe? The ground beef is browned with onions and garlic, and then combined with potatoes, bell pepper, and perhaps some Tabasco sauce if you want to spice things up a bit. The base of this dish is tomato soup, diced tomatoes and beef bouillon, which gives plenty of meaty flavor and richness.
Because tomato soups vary, you might not need to add any salt to this crockpot soup recipe at all. Some soups are really salty, as are bouillon cubes, so load all the prepared ingredients into the slow cooker and give the mixture a good stir before tasting it and using your own judgment. As well as Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper, you can add some basil if you want, or a pinch of Herbs de Provence or another favorite herb mix.
This is a chunky, hearty soup which is lovely served with crusty bread. It makes a satisfying lunch or dinner, and the sweetness from the tomato soup and diced tomatoes ensures it will be a hit with the kids as well as the grownups. Go easy on the Tabasco sauce (or leave it out altogether) if you are making this for young kids. Some people like to sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese over this soup before serving it.
- 4 diced potatoes
- 7 oz can tomato soup
- 7 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- Few drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 sliced green onion, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add the potatoes to the crockpot.
- Sauté the ground beef with the onion, garlic, and a pinch of black pepper in a pan, until the beef is brown.
- Dissolve the beef bouillon cubes in the hot water.
- Add the beef and onion mixture to the crockpot.
- Add the garlic, bell pepper and some more black pepper.
- Pour over the tomato soup and also the can of diced tomatoes without draining it first.
- Add a few drops of Tabasco sauce if you like.
- You can add an extra cup of water at this point if the soup looks too thick.
- It depends what type of tomato soup you have used though, as some are thicker than others are.
- Taste the soup and add salt if required.
- Stir well and cover the crockpot.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Serve garnished with the green onion.
The vivid red color of this soup makes it look like a real winter warmer and that is exactly what this crockpot beef and tomato soup recipe is. Guaranteed to warm you up on a chilly day, this easy crockpot soup recipe can be left to slow-cook all day while you are busy with other tasks. This is a healthy soup and you can add any herbs or spices you fancy, to make the flavor unique. If this is to be a complete meal, you might like to serve some crusty bread with it, and also some tossed green salad, else it is great served just as it is.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357719 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)