BBQ Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Stewing beef is one of the cheapest cuts of meat you can buy and it cooks even better than expensive cuts of meat in the slow cooker. When cooked over a low heat for a long time, stewing beef becomes soft and tender and it literally falls apart. The opposite applies to expensive cuts of meat, which do not have the tough fibers or connective tissue in budget cuts. If you try to cook filet mignon in the slow cooker you will end up with something chewy and tough, whereas if you begin with something chewy and tough and slow cook it, it will come out juicy and tender (and will cost about a tenth of the price!)
This crockpot beef stew contains BBQ sauce for a rich and meaty flavor and other full flavored ingredients for a hot and comforting dinner, which you can serve with rice or potatoes. This one can cook for eight to ten hours so you might want to start it going right after breakfast or before you go to work and it will be done to perfection by dinnertime.
The combination of carrots, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and more makes this beef stew recipe hearty and delicious. The whole family will enjoy this wonderful crockpot beef stew and you will find it a pleasure to prepare. The smoky flavor from the BBQ sauce is amazing and goes so well with the rich beef flavor and the earthy flavor the mushrooms give to the slow cooker beef stew.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- ¼ cup water
- 4 oz can mushrooms
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 oz can tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 chopped carrots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Sauté the onion, carrots and garlic in the oil and then add everything else except the cornstarch and water, to the crockpot.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Mix together the cornstarch, water, and add this to the crockpot, stirring to thicken the stew.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve.
This richly flavored, hearty, and easy beef stew recipe is a delight to make because you just have to brown some of the ingredients and then transfer them to the slow cooker with the other ingredients. This crock pot beef stew cooks all day long so make it before you go to work and the house will smell incredible the minute you get home and open the door. If you have pets, you might want to shut them out of the kitchen before you leave the house because the mouthwatering smell from this beef stew recipe will drive them crazy!
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358800 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90951 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54669 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52607 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41067 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29442 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26483 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)