Deliciously Simple Crockpot Beef Stew
If you like easy recipes, you cannot go wrong with this wonderful crockpot beef stew. The combination of beef, vegetables and more is perfect for a cool fall or winter evening and you can serve warm bread on the side to soak up the gorgeous juices. Beef stew is a classic dish and you can vary the amounts of vegetables or try some different spices for another flavor if you want to. If you like healthy crockpot recipes, you will find this one to be nutritionally balanced as well as ultra tasty.
There are plenty of different recipes for crockpot beef stew and most of them will call for beef stew meat, since this economical cut goes really tender if you slow cook it. Some crockpot beef stew recipes call for spicy ingredients or various herbs but this one is more classic and simple, featuring potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and beef broth, as well as a little Worcestershire sauce and paprika for flavor. You do not need a lot of different ingredients to make an excellent slow cooker beef stew recipe because most of the flavor comes from the union of the beef and the vegetables, as well as whatever liquid you add to the crockpot.
This beef stew is a meal in itself so you do not need to make a side dish. Simple warm bread is the perfect accompaniment and even that is optional. Serve this beef stew in bowls with a spoon and let people enjoy the wonderful taste of it.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, in 1 inch cubes
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Put the beef in a crockpot. Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour this over the meat.
- Stir well to coat. Stir in all the other ingredients then cover the crockpot and cook the beef stew on a low setting for 10 to 12 hours.
- Alternatively, you can cook it on a high setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Everyone who owns a crockpot is continually amazed by the sheer diversity of dishes that you can make in there. Everything from crockpot appetizer recipes and crockpot soup recipes to entrees, side dishes and even crockpot dessert recipes come out perfectly and are so simple to make. This crockpot beef stew blends the most basic ingredients to make a juicy, richly flavored dish with tender beef and vegetables. This is not only one of our healthy crockpot recipes but also one of the best crockpot recipes to choose if you enjoy classic home cooking with uncomplicated, fresh flavors.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357575 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)