Hearty Crockpot Beef Stew with Tomatoes
This is a very quick and easy hearty crockpot beef stew and it is also one of our healthy crockpot recipes. This beef stew is a bit more liquid than some other crockpot beef stew recipes, which makes it nice for dipping bread into, so serve it in a deep bowl. It could also pass as a very chunky beef soup.
If you are new to crockpot cooking and you want to try out some of the best crockpot recipes, this one is especially good. It is also one of the most easy crockpot recipes. You can leave out the jalapeno pepper if you want, in this crockpot beef stew recipe, or use double if you like your food to have a spicy kick. The root vegetables make this stew ideal for serving on a chilly fall or winter evening but there is no reason you cannot serve it at any time of the year, whenever you fancy something meaty and satisfying.
The vegetables in this crockpot beef stew up its nutritional value and also taste nice. The slow cooking fuses all the flavors, so the vegetables end up tasting just as meaty as the beef and everything comes out tender and mouthwatering. If you have just bought your first slow cooker and you are wondering what would be an easy slow cooker recipe to make, why not consider this meaty crockpot beef stew? It is simple to prepare and the amazing results are sure to encourage you to make more easy crockpot recipes afterwards.
- 5 lbs beef stew meat, in 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup tomato juice
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Parsley to garnish
- Put the beef into your crockpot, and then add the vegetables on top.
- Pour in the tomatoes and tomato juice. Add as much of the jalapeno pepper as you want.
- Cook on high for 1 hour then on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the beef is completely cooked and very tender.
- Garnish each serving with a sprig of fresh parsley.
This is a spicy crockpot beef stew, thanks to the jalapeno pepper in it, although you can omit that if you really do not want the spiciness. The parsnips, potatoes and carrots give this beef stew a winter feel and you can add any other vegetables you fancy. Mushrooms would be nice in this dish as well. The beef stew meat cooks slowly and comes out tender and succulent. If you have not used beef stew meat before, you are in for a treat. Not only is it a budget meat to use but it slow cooks perfectly, making fantastic meals that the whole family will go crazy for.
One Response to Hearty Crockpot Beef Stew with Tomatoes
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357637 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)