Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine
This is one of the easiest chicken stew recipes to make. It also tastes wonderful, thanks to the excellent combination of wine, mushrooms, and chicken. This dish goes nicely with rice or pasta. Serve it for lunch or dinner. Leftovers are even more delicious the second day, if you even have any left over after everyone has eaten their fill. Fresh bread or rolls go nicely with this delicious stew.
When cooking the chicken stew in the crockpot, make sure you do not boil it accidentally because too much heat will make the meat go tough. Slow cooking it makes the chicken go wonderfully tender and juicy. This chicken stew recipe is nice enough to serve to guests at a dinner party. Just set out the crockpot on the serving table and let your guests help themselves. It works wonderfully for potluck dinners, family gatherings or when you are entertaining.
You can actually use red wine if you prefer. The taste will be slightly different but still very good. The wine adds a nice added depth to the flavor of the sauce. Make sure you cook with a wine that has a flavor you enjoy. Sweet wines add more fruity flavors to the dish, while dryer wines will contribute herbal or woody flavors. Do not just choose any wine off the shelf. Some grocery stores actually have a sommelier to help you choose the wine that will work best for you.
This recipe is part of our “Heart Healthy Diet Recipe” series.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 lb cremini or button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 portobello mushrooms or 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a skillet over a medium high heat.
- Add the oil and the chicken thighs and brown them on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and rest.
- Drain most of the fat out of the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the pan and sauté until they release their juices and become golden transfer to crockpot.
- Put the chicken in the crockpot and add the wine, bouillon, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on a low for about 3 and a half hours, or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
Bursting with wonderful French flavor, this exciting chicken and mushroom dish is slow cooked to perfection. You could cook this in the oven or on the stove but the flavor would not compare, because slow cooking makes it truly wonderful. This is quite a basic recipe, calling for chicken, mushrooms, bouillon, white wine and onion only, but do not underestimate the result because it is so nice. Serve this with potatoes, rice, noodles or even some French bread for a rustic style meal. This is really easy to make and you can leave it to slow cook all day while you are out at work.
7 Responses to Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (206790 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195396 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90025 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54577 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52211 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40733 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (40583 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (28706 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26185 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23267 Views)