Crockpot White Chicken Chili
This crockpot white chicken chili is a beautiful recipe to make on a cool fall evening or a cold winter night. The chicken is brilliant with the onion, garlic, wine, and bean flavors and this is certainly a satisfying and warming dish worthy of being added to your list of the best crockpot recipes. This can also be counted as one of the most easy crockpot recipes because, after browning the chicken, onion, and garlic, you just mix everything together in the slow cooker and let it blend and cook.
If you are going out for the day, it only takes a few minutes to sauté the chicken, garlic, and onion, and then you can leave the mixture, with the other ingredients, to cook happily in the slow cooker until you return home. That is when the amazing aroma of crockpot white chicken chili hits you, the moment you get home, and of course you can serve it right away and enjoy the amazing flavors of this easy crockpot recipe.
The mustard powder and cumin give this dish just enough spice to make it flavorful without being too hot. You will also enjoy the garlic and onion flavors and the typical cilantro and cheese garnish, if you enjoy making Mexican crockpot recipes like this delicious crockpot white chicken chili dish. This is a really flavorsome recipe, which you will want to make again and again and it goes well with warm bread and butter instead of the tortilla chips, if you fancy a soft layer underneath, rather than a crunchy one.
- ¾ lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups baked tortilla chips
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese Handful of cilantro
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium high heat and add the chicken.
- Sauté until it is no longer pink then set it aside.
- Add the garlic and onion to the skillet and cook until soft.
- Put the chicken in the crockpot with the garlic and onions.
- Add the wine, beans, cumin, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 to 6 hours over a low heat and serve over tortilla chips.
- Garnish with the cheese and cilantro.
As you can see from this picture of our crockpot white chicken chili recipe, this dish is appetizing with its melted cheese and cilantro garnish. It is one of the best crockpot recipes for sure. The chicken, onion, and garlic form the main flavor basis of this easy crockpot recipe and the cumin, mustard and other ingredients add more tastes to it. Whenever you fancy making something hot and soothing, this crockpot white chicken chili is a real winner and the whole family will enjoy the flavors. This might even become one of your favorite crockpot recipes, since it is so simple to prepare yet tastes amazing.
2 Responses to Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357371 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)