Easy Crock Pot Chicken Stew
This chicken stew recipe is perfect if you are going out for the day and you want a delicious meal ready when you get home. Crockpots are wonderful inventions because they cook food slowly and gently for a long time over low heat, meaning the flavors combine well and the meat and vegetables become soft and tender. Chicken stew recipes cook especially well in crockpots and this recipe is extremely easy to make. You can use different vegetables if you want to, or leave the recipe as it is.
This delicious chicken stew recipe uses tomato paste to create the delicious sauce. It is full of celery, carrots, onions, and potatoes to support the chicken. You can use leftover chicken breasts if you have them or throw in some cut up boneless breast meat. The combination of cornstarch and water will create a thickener to help the sauce thicken and create a heartier feel to it. Use fresh or dried herbs to help add flavor. Paprika, thyme, and sage are a nice combination, but feel free to add in your favorites.
This crock-pot chicken stew is good served with bread and butter and the herbs make it extra flavorsome. Cornbread or buttermilk biscuits would also work with this recipe. This dish is full of healthy ingredients. Use as many fresh vegetables as you can for the optimal nutrition. This is one of our “heart healthy diet recipe” choices.
Crock Pot Chicken Stew with Vegetables and Herbs
Summary: Slow cooking your stew means the flavors are going to blend beautifully. Add chicken and veggies to your crockpot and make a sauce with tomatoes, paprika and more.
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts cut in 1-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Put everything except the water and cornstarch into a crock pot, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Make a paste with the water and cornstarch and stir it into the stew 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Keep cooking until the vegetables are tender.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Served in these little ramekins or in traditional bowls, this tasty, moist stew makes a robust, warming meal. Enjoy the tender vegetables and succulent chicken, and the tasty tomato-based sauce. Although many people choose to cut their chicken into cubes, you can also choose to halve the breasts or leave them whole. For a rustic result, you can chop the vegetables roughly too, rather than with precision. This is a wonderful meal to prepare if you plan to be out all day and wish to return home to a meal which is ready to be served.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Stew
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- The Best French Onion Soup Cheese
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- How to Choose the Best Stock Pots
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (71148 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (38542 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (28211 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (24474 Views)
- Home (22505 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17054 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (16769 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (15766 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (9638 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (8816 Views)