Savory and Sweet Chicken Stew
This recipe features a savory and sweet flavor because of the mixture of pineapple, brown sugar, hot pepper, and soy sauce. You can make a great main course meal by serving this tasty chicken stew recipe over boiled rice. This Asian chicken stew also makes a great filling for baked potatoes. This is one of our healthy crockpot recipes too because of the amount of fruit and vegetables it contains. You can add celery, peanuts, carrot, cashews and more because this recipe is quite versatile.
You can throw in extra ingredients at the beginning of the cooking time if they need to cook (for example, carrots or anything hard) or near the end if they are already cooked or do not need to do so (peanuts, celery, other nuts) – just use your judgment and common sense as to when you should add things. You can use turkey here instead of chicken if you have some to use up and these two kinds of poultry are interchangeable in a lot of our easy crockpot recipes.
Anybody can make this recipe because it is really easy. As is the case with many of our easy crockpot recipes you simply need to add the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it work its magic. This crockpot chicken stew combines some interesting flavors and you are guaranteed to get an impressive result. If you like sweet and sour type dishes, you will love this simple chicken stew recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts, no bones or skin, cubed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- White rice, to serve
- Layer the chicken in the crockpot.
- Combine the sugar, broth, allspice, pepper, and soy sauce in a mixing bowl and pour this into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked.
- When you are ready to serve this sweet crockpot chicken stew recipe, put the cornstarch in a mixing bowl, adding the juice from the pineapple.
- Blend until smooth, and then pour this over the chicken.
- Add the bell peppers and pineapple.
- Cover and turn the heat up to high.
- Cook for half an hour or until the mixture is bubbly and thick.
- Serve with rice.
This simple, Asian style chicken stew recipe is brightly colored and very tempting. If you like Asian food, why not make this wonderful dish? The recipe has both Asian and Hawaiian influences and if the combination of savory and sweet appeals to you, you are sure to enjoy this. Serve it with white rice or egg noodles for the best results. If you prefer your bell pepper soft to al dente, add it a couple hours before the end of the cooking time, rather than half an hour before the end. The pineapple can also be added them, so you do not have to open the slow cooker twice during the cooking time and let the hot air out.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358211 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52606 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)