Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
If you are looking for an inspiring crockpot recipe for a cold, rainy day, this wonderful simple chicken stew recipe is guaranteed to do the job. Crockpot chicken stew is a delight to put together because you simply add the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir them together before leaving the chicken stew to cook itself to perfection. This chicken stew is great served in bowls with warm buttered bread for dipping.
The herbs enhance the flavor of the chicken and vegetables and this is one of the best crockpot recipes if you are looking for a healthy yet tasty dinner recipe to fill you up. Why not make this crockpot chicken stew if you have friends or family visiting for dinner? You can prepare it in advance and leave it cooking while you get on with other things. Everybody will love the flavors in this simple chicken stew recipe and the sage, thyme and paprika work together to give a really special, aromatic flavor.
The green beans and carrots make the crock pot chicken stew colorful, although you could use celery instead of green beans if you prefer. This is a hearty winter warmer of a dish, although it is good at any occasion and during any season of the year. Chicken stew could be classed as a comfort food, since it is so similar to chicken soup, with just a bit less liquid in the recipe than with a soup. This is sure to go down well with the whole family.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, no bones or skin
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans chicken broth, 14.5 oz each
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- Handful green beans, trimmed
- Cut the chicken into cubes and add it to the crockpot with the broth, onion, green beans, potatoes, and carrots.
- Stir in the sage, thyme, paprika, tomato paste, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours on high.
- Combine the cornstarch and the water until very smooth and add this to the crockpot, stirring well.
- Cover and cook for another hour.
- If the vegetables are not fork tender, keep cooking until they are.
This might be a very simple chicken stew recipe but do not underestimate the finished flavor because this one is really impressive. If you are looking for a recipe for crockpot chicken stew, this one is highly recommended. The chicken, vegetables, spices, herbs, and liquid are all added in perfect proportions and the flavors blend nicely over the long, slow cooking time. This is one of our most healthy crockpot recipes but that does not mean it will not taste full-flavored and satisfying because it definitely will. Any crockpot articles will tell you that slow cooking meat with vegetables brings out their natural rich flavors.
Leave a Reply
- Creamy Ham and Potato Soup with Celery December 7, 2014
- Golden Potato Soup with American Cheese December 6, 2014
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Mushrooms and Celery November 24, 2014
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Celery and Red Onion November 23, 2014
- Herby Chicken Soup with Egg Noodles November 22, 2014
- Chicken Curry Soup with Vegetables November 20, 2014
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup November 18, 2014
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (83089 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (53658 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (48069 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (34998 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (20560 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (20478 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (19133 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (18830 Views)
- Stew Articles (14162 Views)
- Different Types of Onions – A Complete Glossary (12871 Views)