Spicy Crockpot White Chicken Chili with Chipotle
This is one of our most flavorful and spicy crockpot meals and if you love Mexican food flavors, you will like this one. The best crockpot recipes are those, which are simple to make yet produce delicious results. The two kinds of beans in this crockpot white chicken chili combine nicely with the chicken, garlic, herbs and other ingredients for a hearty and warming dish which you can serve with cornbread, tortilla chips or crusty bread.
You can use a combination of chicken breasts and chicken thighs in this crockpot recipe if you like because the thighs are tastier and they cook just as well in the crockpot; it is your choice. Mexican food recipes like this crockpot white chicken chili cook so nicely in a slow cooker because a lot of Mexican ingredients are full of flavor and do well when you slow cook them, allowing the flavors to merge perfectly with one another and soften.
This crockpot white chicken chili is a wonderful dinner to make if you fancy something warming and soothing. It is also simple to make because once you have browned the met, you simply need to combine the ingredients in the crockpot and leave it to cook, making this one of our most easy crockpot recipes. Despite the ease of preparation, you will get delicious results with this crockpot white chicken chili recipe so if you want to make a south of the border style treat for tonight’s dinner, we heartily recommend our crockpot white chicken chili.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, in ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 x 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes, chopped
- ½ can red kidney beans, drained
- ½ can great northern beans, drained
- 16 oz salsa
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sliced green onion to garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Brown the chicken in the oil, then combine everything except the green onion in a crockpot.
- Stir well and simmer on a low heat for 6 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and everything is soft and flavorful.
- Add the green onions about an hour before the end of the cooking time.
- Serve with crusty bread or taco chips.
This winter warmer tastes every bit as good as it looks. The juicy chicken combines perfectly with the onion, celery, garlic, beans and the other ingredients to produce a full-flavored Mexican dish with a typical south of the border style. The chipotle pepper gives this dish a touch of spiciness without making it too hot and you can see from the photo how tempting and appetizing this is. Serve it with cornbread, taco chips or anything else you like, for a complete meal. This is a colorful dish which is simple to prepare and which everyone in the family should enjoy very much.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357468 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)