Exotic Moroccan Beef Stew
Sometimes you just want to try something different. Something exotic. Something you have never had before. When this kind of mood strikes, why not try a Moroccan beef stew recipe? This stew is really easy to make, but you end up with an exotic meal that will please everyone. There are very few steps to this recipe. The longest part is the simmering, and it mostly takes care of itself. You may need to stir it occasionally. Aside from that, all you really need to do is add ingredients and let them cook.
Spices like cumin, bay leaf, thyme, and ground red pepper complement the olives, raisins, apricots, and dried plums in a wonderful way. The sweetness of the fruit really makes the beef taste wonderful. If you have never tried Moroccan food before, this will inspire you to try more.
Serve the stew on its own or with rice or couscous. This is a healthy meal that you can be proud to serve. Full of flavor and nutrition, this stew will have everyone asking for seconds. You can make it with either beef or lamb, so use what you have on hand. Both meats are hearty enough to stand up to the spices and fruit.
Moroccan Beef Stew
Summary: Beef is combined with onion, garlic, red wine, a variety of aromatic fruits, and tasty spices, to make this fragrant meal. The Moroccan influence in this dish is unmistakable.
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1-⅓ cups onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dried plums, halved
- ¼ cup dried apricots, cut into strips
- ¼ cup raisins
- 6 green olives, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Trim the fat off of the steak. Cut the beef into 1 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Spray a Dutch oven with the vegetable oil spray and place the pot on the stove over medium heat until hot. Add the steak to the pan, browning it on all sides. Drain the meat well and set aside. Wipe out all the drippings from the pan.
- Spray the pan again with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté them for 1 minute. Return the meat to the pan. Add the wine, water, fruit, olives, and spices.
- Bring the contents to a boil. Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Let the stew simmer 1-½ hours or until the steak is tender. Discard the bay leaf before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hours(s) 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Moroccan
Our Moroccan Beef Stew is absolutely delicious. This is a great meal when you want something a little different. The sweetness of the fruit and the unusual spices mean you are in for a real treat. We have garnished ours with some slivered almonds and a bit of fresh mint. Feel free to do the same or come up with your own garnish. You do not need a fancy tagine to cook this in; any Dutch oven or kettle will do just fine. Surprise your friends and family with this exotic dish from Morocco. You could also make it with lamb if you wish.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- An Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew Recipe
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Serve with Beef Stew
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- Can I Use New York Strip Steak for Stew?
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (77586 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (44512 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (38216 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (27043 Views)
- Home (25217 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (17985 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17517 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (17071 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (11195 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (9278 Views)